THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clown loaches with whitespot ?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

clown loaches with whitespot ? - Page 2 Empty Re: clown loaches with whitespot ?

Post by onlineman 14/5/2012, 20:58

thanks for advice chris...have only used waterlife protozin so far so i think with a waterchange and a try of different med i should be ok....i know not to throw med after med in the tank but its goo to be reminded from tim to time !...will keep you all updated !...cheers

onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

clown loaches with whitespot ? - Page 2 Empty Re: clown loaches with whitespot ?

Post by onlineman 15/5/2012, 17:04

well all my efforts were in vain...lost the last 2 clown loaches today...came home from work to find they had gone, i didnt really hold out much hope for them but ....on a brighter note...my main tank seems to be responding to the treatment as 95% of fish in there seem to be doing ok...only the odd fish (couple of guppies and my rtb shark)seems to have any kind of signs so hopefully the next treatment on friday will see it off !...
onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/5/2012, 18:36

Thats a shame Sad I know how much I love my Clown Loach and would be absolutely gutted if I lost them
Do you think you will get any more of them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/5/2012, 18:50

absolute gut wrenching shame that mate hope you get sorted out after the treatment has run it's course

Back to top Go down

Post by onlineman 15/5/2012, 19:54

yeah im gutted i lost them....had them for 3 yrs....yes i will deffo get some more...they were such a comical fish...the clicking they made while eating bloodworm or brine shrimp was awesome ...sounded like the glass cracking at first !!...gave me a big shock...lol and the way they copied other fish made them such fun....then they would scare you to death by laying on their side at the bottom of the tank and you thought they had snuffed it only to approach the tank and they would swim off...yesi will get some more i dont think i could have an aquaium without clown loaches...im gonna give it a few weeks to make sure all is well then i will look for some clowns !
onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

Post by NedtheDog 15/5/2012, 20:01

Sorry about your loss mate, the only way is forward you will get over it in a few weeks when you get your new Loaches.
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/5/2012, 20:04

I agree they are funny fish, The best deal I have seen on Clown Loaches is at Maidenhead Aquatics (Strikes) they had 6 for £25 only babies though, not sure if Stockton Garden Centre does the same deal.
I only went for 4 but they were £6 each (I Think) so it made sense to buy 6 in case I lost any

Back to top Go down

Post by onlineman 16/5/2012, 09:22

i know a guy in stockton who does them for £4 each..do you mean the old peter barretts garden centre...if so...i wont buy fish from there as they use a central filtration system....if 1 fish gets ill it spreads right trhu the tanks as does pet mania in billingham...not sure about the stockton pet mania...i dont go there !...i would rather pay a little more and know the fish are ok...thanks for the heads up anyway !...
onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

Post by onlineman 20/5/2012, 18:20

hi guys...an update on my severe whitespot outbreak(which also turned into a secondry disease of fin rot !!!)...its 8 days since the first case and after losing most of my fish things seem to be on the up...havnt lost a fish for 2 days (i as losing a fish on a daily basis) and 99% of disease signs have gone...fish looking healthy again and bright...all eating well and swimming around fine...i almost gave it all up over the last week but a little kick up the backside from my wife has kept me going....im going to keep the remaining 5 guppies , pair of swordtails and my 6 yr old common plec in the hospital tank for another week ...tomorrow i empty my main 180 litre tank...wash it ...re-fill and let stand till next sunday fish free...i will do a water test and if all ok start adding the fish one by one every 2 days just to make sure all is ok..a little drastic maybe but ive lost some very good fish and it almost put the end to my fish keeping days !...anyway...just thought i would let you know...thanks for all who tried to help during the last week or so...cheers guys !!
onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/5/2012, 19:30

really sorry you lost you clowns and other fish mate hope they are on the mend mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/5/2012, 20:22

Devastated for you, I have suffered heavy recent losses and its not nice, I haven't had a loss for 2 weeks now and I'm now looking forward to putting some new fish in, maybe try some different ones Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2