THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i use this Wood to scape my tank?

3 posters

Go down

Can i use this Wood to scape my tank? Empty Can i use this Wood to scape my tank?

Post by Guest 23/5/2012, 20:23

Hi i found a nice piece of oak while walking the dog. just wondered if it would be ok in my new tank going to set it up now and want to know what to do with it. i read it is safe what do u think?

Back to top Go down

Can i use this Wood to scape my tank? Empty Re: Can i use this Wood to scape my tank?

Post by cookie_uk 23/5/2012, 20:44

If I was going to use it I'd put it into something that you can pour boiling water over it before you put it in your tank

cookie_uk

Back to top Go down

Can i use this Wood to scape my tank? Empty Re: Can i use this Wood to scape my tank?

Post by Guest 23/5/2012, 22:23

use plenty boiling water mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/5/2012, 06:48

Can i use this Wood to scape my tank? 2012-05-23200548

Back to top Go down

Post by NedtheDog 24/5/2012, 07:42

That's not a piece of wood it's half a tree, Laughing
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/5/2012, 07:50

its bloody huge and doesnt fit :/ were gunna have to cut it down abit....gunna b a challenge cos atm its in a paddling pool full of water n it weighs a ton

Back to top Go down

Post by D13H4RD 24/5/2012, 08:38

I would give it a dam good soaking first if possible for at least 2-3 days Idea
It could have all kinds of treatment on it, or even diseased Shocked

Just be very cautious cos you may kill all your fish affraid
D13H4RD
D13H4RD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/5/2012, 10:59

its going into an empty tank and left to settle for a couple of weeks before any fish goin in so well c how it goes....if we can get it in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/5/2012, 19:24

The wood will be safe its oak so wont carry any fish diseases, we give it a good rinse with hot water to kill any bacteria or bugs its now soaking, probly give it another rinse with hot water and chop it up because its too big for our tank. or might just keep it for when we gett a bigger one, our new tank dont really need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down