THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceramic Media Question

Go down

Ceramic Media Question Empty Ceramic Media Question

Post by Guest 30/7/2012, 20:39

After adding 20 decent sized Malawi to a tank, I noticed a few of the fish have started flicking, I put this down to the increase in fish waste and the addition of extra rocks taking the volume of water away, therefore concentrating the amonia in the volume of water.
I have since added some new media to the filter to build up a bigger colony of bacteria, This got me thinking about the Ceramic media and does it actually need to go in the filter to be effective.
Here's what I was thinking, Is there any benefit in taking some good media from an established filter and hanging it in a net bag or similar in the water just at the side of the tank?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this on wether you would think it have any benefits.

Back to top Go down

Ceramic Media Question Empty Re: Ceramic Media Question

Post by Ian 30/7/2012, 21:00

if its hung in the tank it wouldnt get the same amount of waste going over it to feed the bactiera as it would in the filter as that is pumping the waste over it

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/7/2012, 21:09

Yeah I suppose that makes sense, but wouldn't the fish wee be moving through it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 30/7/2012, 21:23

sort of but not like it dose in a filter were its concentrated more

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content