THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new tank

4 posters

Go down

new tank  Empty new tank

Post by dene.h. 22/12/2011, 01:31

hi all thought id just post and let you all know that i am in debait with myself to set up a new tank haha since i am only young and hav only had fish for lets say nearly 2 years now i am thinking that it may be time to set up another tank and i just love dwarf cichlids, as some of you may know i used to keep and breed litle kribs until unfortunatly they died Sad so i have decided in the next couple of weeks after crimbo i am goin to set up a new aquarium nothing too fancy tho as i have a 2ft tank already set up with my german blue rams and dont have alot of space so i am thinking just a nice 1.6ft tank x1x1 shud do just nicely and get some more kribs i have been looking around at some on the internet and i realy like the look of yellow rock kribs so i think i might see about getting some of them when i get sorted with a new set up.
dene.h.
dene.h.
dene.h.

Back to top Go down

new tank  Empty Re: new tank

Post by mrsbiffster 22/12/2011, 02:30

Teesside Koi have some albino kribs which i like the look of and maybe buy in the new year. It's funny how you have kept kribs because it's something I've been drawn to every time i go into an aquatic shop. I used to keep and breed kribs myself.
18 x 12 x12 is a good size for a pair like. But to grow the youngsters on unfortunately you will need another tank.
mrsbiffster
mrsbiffster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcG 22/12/2011, 09:09

Thats the thing with alot of fish you breed you need a seperate tank for the youngsters
MarcG
MarcG

Back to top Go down

Post by dene.h. 23/12/2011, 00:34

wen i had them last time tho i did only hav a tank just a ltile bigger than that i think it was 20 x 12 x 12 and i had the young growing up in ther with the adults till they wer around 1cm and they wer fine with that i acctualy ended up with about 25 young at nearly a centremetre then the adults had bred again and i had fry swiming around in the tank with them which i thought was prety cool haha
dene.h.
dene.h.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 23/12/2011, 10:10

some times its better to seperate fry from the parants as you will find you will get a better survive rate

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dene.h. 23/12/2011, 13:28

yea i remember i used to get about 100+ hatch but not alot survived i used to end up with around 20 - 30
dene.h.
dene.h.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down