THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

+8
timmy74
rosslewisbrown
blooper
scott
k3vinjam3s
MarcG
carpguru
Ian
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets) Empty stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

Post by Ian 5/10/2011, 20:46

comming soon

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets) Empty Re: stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 19:16

what a shock!!!
a trio of likely folks perused this establishment today and were very pleasantly suprised to find clean, well cared for tanks containing healthy looking stock!!!
apparently the younger staff no longer have responsibility for the aquatic section which is now being cared for by a more mature chap who looks like he might actually know what he is doing!!

well done stockton garden centre!!!!

Back to top Go down

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets) Empty Re: stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 19:18

the said trio being the Bifster, Mrs Bifster and myself of course like!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 5/12/2011, 19:40

and you didnt think about coming round here cheers

Ian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 19:43

I can't be blamed for that mick, I don't know where "here" is mate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 5/12/2011, 19:45

i live less tan a mile down the road and biff knows were i live

Ian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 19:46

to be fair mick i was in the works taxi and rushing off to change over mate dunno where the biffster family were off to like!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 19:48

I do this sort of thing on the spur of the moment and was asking biff where it was and he ended up ringing me back to say he was on his way!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 5/12/2011, 19:51

thats ok mate just the way you wrote it that mr & mrs biff and yourself went i didnt know you were working did you get a deal from them then

Ian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 19:56

I never asked mick, was just on a looksee finished my last job over that way and the place looked ok but just not that ok if you know what I mean I left Biff and mrs Biff in the place as the clock had ticked just a bit too loudly for me mate!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by carpguru 5/12/2011, 21:02

hes right it was shocking to see the place spic
and span all fish looking healthy
and two members of staff running
that know what they were on about
pleasantly surprised and some sensible
prices
carpguru
carpguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2011, 21:30

do you guys think they've been on here reading about my proposed xmas outings?????
or is it just a co-incidence that we mentioned an older bloke out the back who knows what he is doing and whoosh!! they have conjured one up!!!!
alledgedly!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcG 5/12/2011, 21:44

Well thats a suprise! hopefully they change for the better like this one.
MarcG
MarcG

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 8/1/2012, 12:52

Just been over to stockton garden centre, seen the stock in their usual muck, got talking to a member of staff and was told that maidenhead aquatics have took over the franchise as of February. There's hope yet!
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/1/2012, 13:05

I haven't been in yet, as as I live half a mile from the front door I recon I should have a mooch in. Although if maidenhead go in thats going to increase pricing

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 8/1/2012, 13:08

yes prices will increase but so will quality.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by carpguru 8/1/2012, 13:22

strange the last time i was at Stockton
garden center i couldn't believe how they
had cleaned there act up now you saying they
have gone down hill again and maidenhead
aquatics are coming in well we will have to wait
and see what happens
carpguru
carpguru

Back to top Go down

Post by scott 4/2/2012, 20:44

last time i ventured in there i wouldnt have had the fish given and have not been since but if things are improving might have another look

scott

http://scobeachy@live.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blooper 11/6/2012, 15:50

visited there yesterday and to be honest the staff shud be shot and the place closed down as the tanks were rank algea everywere ,barebottom tanks were filthy theres just no excuse even if they do say its getting a refit sometime in september thats a long way away to be honest.if i stays as it is they wont have a buisness to run come the refit. 3 staff working yesterday and all 3 were talking amongst themselves behind the counter doing nowt wen they cud ave been cleaning tanks etc

blooper

Back to top Go down

Post by rosslewisbrown 11/6/2012, 16:57

I agree blooper, it's horrendous now! Tanks always look dirty, always loads of dead fish, even though it's the same old stock each week so they cant be getting new deliveries.
rosslewisbrown
rosslewisbrown

http://www.facebook.co.uk/rosslewisbrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/6/2012, 21:27

I went sunday morning and it was the same thing, the young lass was asking the other guy if her hair was nice. I walked in, picked some stuff up, looked at the fish and walked out disgusted at the quality compared to Stokesley without one member of staff even saying "Hi"

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 11/6/2012, 21:50

i feel more sorry for the poor fish. Them losers want sacking.

timmy74

http://www.timgirvan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/6/2012, 21:56

What got me was there was nothing special to buy, all just standard stuff. No plecs at all, nice selection of malawi's but nout else at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss-Pepper 20/9/2012, 15:36

Has anyone visited it since? I was looking at maidenhead aquatics and was happy Stockton has one, which I assume is the same as the garden centre one. I don't want to waste money on a taxi trip to come home empty handed Smile has it improved since June? Thanks

Miss-Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 20/9/2012, 15:44

I nipped in a couple of weeks and it was horrible, poor quality fish in what looked like poorly kept tanks. I was considering complaining to maidenhead as it was that bad. But as of this week I've found out it has a new manager who I've met and seems to know his stuff. He has a hard job turning it around but hopefully he will improve it. I would still give it a few weeks as changes can't happen over night. Hopefully he will shake the staff up a bit. They is a particular member I'm not fond of, always rude and hard to get on with. I think he was running it so hopefully things will change.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next