THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

+8
timmy74
rosslewisbrown
blooper
scott
k3vinjam3s
MarcG
carpguru
Ian
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets) - Page 2 Empty Re: stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

Post by Miss-Pepper 20/9/2012, 16:00

Oh dear, that's a shame but hopefully things will be getting better for the poor fish! Do you happen to remember if they had a good stock of substrates and bogwoods/redmoor roots, anything like that? I can hold off on buying fish for now, but I'd love to get my hardscape set up reading for planting soon! I normally go to the little shop in town, John's place4pets I think. They have some wood but not quite the type I'm after. Also my corys are always a bit worse for wear. I've picked up two lots, one had a damaged fin - which has healed perfectly, and yesterday I got a pair with eroded barbels. There was also a dead albino one in the tank, and one of my neons never made it, and gave the whole tank ich! Sad tempted to not shop there again, even though the owner is lovely and friendly, but with no car it's hard to shop around!

Miss-Pepper

Back to top Go down

stockton garden centre (old peter barrets) - Page 2 Empty Re: stockton garden centre (old peter barrets)

Post by k3vinjam3s 20/9/2012, 16:05

I didn't really look at the bogwood/roots so don't know what they have.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/9/2012, 19:12

Me & Me shell was in on monday nothing has changed since june but steve from pet mania has just started on tuesday as the aquatics manager so i think he will turn it around, Went into petmania portrack today where steve worked last week and there was a lot of dead fish so with in a few days pet mania has gone down hill :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss-Pepper 21/9/2012, 18:32

Is the one in Stokesley any better then? They're both the same distance from me but nobody seems to have good things to say about the Stockton one haha Smile

Miss-Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 21/9/2012, 19:14

The Stokesley one has a lot more tanks in but that has been maidenhead for some time now and I think that maidenhead only took over the Stockton garden centre not long ago and they have just taken on a new manager like me-shell say's and the shop he worked in previously he had the tanks in good condition with quality fish so maybe in a few weeks it will come up to scratch
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss-Pepper 21/9/2012, 23:04

Think I'll pay a trip to the Stokesly one instead then :D thanks for your answers

Miss-Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 14:52

had a look in today. not much stock just standard stuff. didnt see any dead fish but few didnt look too bright.
staff said hi & left me to it.
thats the way i prefer it to be honest.
if i want help i will ask.
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 19:00

As far as I was aware deb peter barratts had halfmoon females in last week when we where there so they must have sold them all
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 20:03

Had already bought 4 so to be honest didn't look at the girls x
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 20:28

Sorry my fault it was halfmoon males they had in lol
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 20:29

Nope nothing male worth buying. They said might get males in but not sure
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 20:31

We have been trying to get them to bring some nice males in for about the last month and not having much luck really but you never know
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 23:44

ooh keep me informed..
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 23:48

I will of course
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosslewisbrown 25/2/2013, 07:02

I went in here yesterday afternoon. They've got some nice fish in stock, but everything is way way way way way overpriced. They want £20 for a reedfish, £5 for a cory or £12 for a bristlenose plec!!

Shame really, as I had plenty money on me and wanted some new fish, but I hate feeling ripped off! Ended up just buying some food and going home.
rosslewisbrown
rosslewisbrown

http://www.facebook.co.uk/rosslewisbrown

Back to top Go down

Post by D13H4RD 25/2/2013, 08:42

Yer Way overpriced since its been taken over, The stocks of Malawis are shocking quality too(Well last time I was Their couple month ago) Crying or Very sad
D13H4RD
D13H4RD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2