THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help ! confuzed about what fish go together

3 posters

Go down

Help ! confuzed about what fish go together Empty Help ! confuzed about what fish go together

Post by katyM.S 6/5/2012, 15:13

I have a tank ( 54 litre ) and have been told by many pet stores what i can and cannot do with my tank . I was just wondering how many fish i could fit in there and if i could mix a red cap oranda , blackmoor ( only babies/small) with two common goldfish and a few coldwater plecs Very Happy people are telling me diffrents things.

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Help ! confuzed about what fish go together Empty Re: Help ! confuzed about what fish go together

Post by Ian 6/5/2012, 17:21

hi katy welcome to the forum
yes you can mix redcap orandas and moors togeather i wouldnt mix them with common goldfish as they might bully the fancy goldfish and eat most of the food before the others have time to eat any as for cold water plecs thats ok they work as a clean up crew clearing most of the uneaten food moors and orandas like slower moving enviroment and tank mates how many were you thing of keeping

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Help ! confuzed about what fish go together Empty Re: Help ! confuzed about what fish go together

Post by katyM.S 6/5/2012, 18:11

I was going to keep 3 small plecs and 1 red cap oranda (small) and 1 blackmoor (small) and 2 common goldfish

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by katyM.S 6/5/2012, 18:27

also how big do the fish grow and if i didnt put the common fish in , How long before i need a tank upgrade thanks Smile

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 6/5/2012, 21:14

common goldfish can grow to 12"
orandas and black moors and calico moors(telescopic eyes) grow to about 15cm=6"
plecs anbout 2"=5cm
so yoyu have a 2 ft tank you could put 4 fish in @1-2" but they do grow pritty quick plus a couple of plecs
but you will need to get a bigger tank as they will grow out of the the 2ft also pump a lot of air in and a good filter as all gold fish tend to be messy and plenty of water changes

Ian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katyM.S 6/5/2012, 21:26

thank you Smile

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 6/5/2012, 21:46

no problem were a decent friendly bunch on here is your mam joining as well

Ian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katyM.S 6/5/2012, 21:48

I think were gunna stay on one account as a team , Thank you Very Happy

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/5/2012, 20:00

best way katy this way you can keep your mum on the right track!
good advice from mick on the fish mix and growth by the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by katyM.S 7/5/2012, 20:29

Yeah , we ordered our fish today , we are putting the commons in a diffrent tank and we have ordered 3 plecs and a red cap oranda and a black moor Very Happy

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by blooper 7/5/2012, 20:47

nice one katy and get your mam to read the tutorail on how to put pics on the forum as well like to see pictures of other peoples tanks . oh yeh and a very big welcome

blooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 7/5/2012, 20:49

katy have a look in the fish house section theres a section on coldwater some of my fancy goldfish are on there

Ian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katyM.S 7/5/2012, 20:50

Ok thanks

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by katyM.S 20/5/2012, 15:56

Hey , we have got a small blackmoor so far and was wondering weather we would fit a oranda and another fancy in with him and the plecs , when they grow we would upgrade

katyM.S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum