THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i have babies! 3 of them anyway!

Go down

i have babies! 3 of them anyway! Empty i have babies! 3 of them anyway!

Post by debnel 7/7/2012, 09:52

lol hows this for sods law.
did a partial water change yesterday partly so I could i could use the tank water to set up my fry tank. did this and have left it to chug away on its cycle. thought i had plentyof time as nothing seemed ready to drop.
last night i spotted guppy fry in the main tank!
saw 4 but the siamese got one (and is very interested in the others)
i managed to save 3 but no idea where the rest are (eaten must presume!) looks like guppy fry to me.
i know its only 3 lil tiddlers but its my first fry from a new set up less than 2months old.
totally unexpected and am gonna have to leave them in breeder net as no way can i move then to the fry tank yet! only set it up yesterday! (with a very noisy air filter-must replace that somehow)
the kids are mega excited and constantly looking for more surviving babies lol
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

i have babies! 3 of them anyway! Empty Re: i have babies! 3 of them anyway!

Post by Guest 7/7/2012, 10:05

U can move them into your other tank as long as u do a partial water change everyday while the filter is cycling, just to keep the ammonia and nitrite levels to b minimum Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 7/7/2012, 10:09

Haven't got a light set up in there yet and likely to try to change filter to a quieter model as can't hear the tv! Will leave them a few days till get a bit more sorted I think. Didn't expect any this soon but then that's usually the way it goes lol!
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum