THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apisto Cacatuoides x Krib

Go down

Apisto Cacatuoides x Krib Empty Apisto Cacatuoides x Krib

Post by Guest 14/7/2012, 12:31

yesterday we bought a beautiful young female Krib, So beautiful the Handsom Cockatoo has blown out a neglected cockatoo female in favour of something a little bit more colourful.

heres a video:

Apisto Cacatuoides x Krib Th_video-2012-07-13-20-33-56

I read that apistos cant cross breed before, Its not that the male wont but because the female will only breed with its own kind where as the male doesnt know the differance between female apistos (hobbyist don't either lol) as they all look very similar.

When it comes to kribs going from the breeding pair we had it was the female that was doing the flirting and following the male shimmying,

Anyway with this combo of to very finely bred specimens looks like they could be strangly in love,

i dont think it would be possable for them to produce fry tho..

Back to top Go down

Apisto Cacatuoides x Krib Empty Re: Apisto Cacatuoides x Krib

Post by onlineman 14/7/2012, 15:57

well... thats a first for me !...lets wait n see if anything develops ?...i agree in your point that cross breeding probably wouldnt occur but...would be interesting to see the outcome if it did happen !....mind you..the male sems more keen than the krib....where did the krib come from ?...nice female !....has the male bred with a female of his own kind before ?
onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/7/2012, 20:21

I think they will spawn but the eggs wont fertilise.
the female krib is still very young but belive me she is definatly interested she has been following him about and shimmying.
the krib we got from pet mania shell spotted it out from the rest there was a few nice looking ones tbh

The male has been trying to breed with the female thats in the video (the little yellow apisto) they been flirting alot and looked very likly to breed. how ever he suddenly changed to the female krib soon as hes set eyes on her. now the female apisto is jelous as helll trying to get the male in the cave as u can see in the video

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/7/2012, 21:02

Well i think the cacatuoides has givven up on the krib now so anything that was gointo be interesting has gone quiet Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum