THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank help

+2
debnel
Tommore
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tank help - Page 2 Empty Re: Tank help

Post by k3vinjam3s 20/8/2012, 15:49

Is they a way you can syphon the water straight outside with a long hospipe? As for hosing straight into the tank, that would be fine with a 10-20% water change but as your having to change larger ammounts at the moment I wouldn't recommend it. By anychance do you have an electric shower in your house as I used to hose directly in from my shower at the right temp before I started to store water for changes.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by blooper 20/8/2012, 18:27

the fx5's do turn off every 24 hours to pure any air in the filter this is normal as for it blowing crapout when it switches back mine dont and i run 2 on the same tank.was the filter new when u bought it or second hand if second hand then take pipes of and clean them out with a jet wash,if new then it seems like u haven't got the sponges fitted right on the outside of the baskets.as for high reading its gonna be a case of large water changes till it sorts it self out but as marty says try some aquarium pure to helpit along

blooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommore 20/8/2012, 22:48

Yeah was brand new ive opened it up now and put back together so hopefully that may help.

Thanks so much for your help guys

Tommore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/8/2012, 22:53

you are very welcome mate thats what we are hear for anything you are not sure about just ask mate i have kept fish for years but still learning mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/8/2012, 13:23

without spending more money your water changes at that amount and size are going to take ages and are gunna be a pain running bk n forward with buckets, but as this is the only way to keep your levels low while your filter cycles its a must. Once your filter cycles tho water changes on a tank that size can be limited to 20% a week i should think just to keep nitrate down. We use a hma filter with our 10 tanks as it eliminates running through the house with buckets but its another expence thats not necessary, it just eliminates buckets and dechlorinator, hose from tank to drain to syphon, hose from tap to hma to tank to refil. Small cold water changes on a tank that size wont do no harm to the fish .

P.S welcome aboard Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommore 21/8/2012, 15:35

Cool thanks again guys, how long does it take and when will I know my tank has cycled?

Tommore

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 21/8/2012, 16:37

It takes a tank about 6 weeks to fully cycle,but yours shouldn't be that long since I've started already,just carry on with water changes and keep testing your waters,I'm cycling a new tank at the min with fish in,I test my waters daily once all waters are normal your tank should be cycled.and make sure if you do water changes to use water conditioner
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/8/2012, 16:43

you will know your tanks ready when your ammonia and nitrite levels read 0 before a water change. just keep up with them daily to help dilute whats in there atm and if u already have used media it shouldnt take long at all by the looks of your readings your already in second stage cycle so it shouldnt be too long now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommore 21/8/2012, 18:03

Ah cool thanks guy, so stressfull at the min but it's all good lol

Just been looking at how much this tank would have cost me and nearly fell through the floor, the lad who's dads tank it was just give me the receipt. He bought it in June and paid £1099 for the tank omg. It's a aquaoak fish tank from somewhere called maidenhead aquatics if that means anything. Think I've got me self a bargin baring in mind I got it for the cost of petrol driving round the corner to get it ha ha

Tommore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/8/2012, 18:13

Like I said before, not jealous........much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 21/8/2012, 18:35

Glad u getting there mate,what fish are u keeping
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommore 21/8/2012, 19:04

Hi just keeping what came with the tank I'm just leaving them to it till I sort out the water as I don't want to add or remove fish or mess around till the waters sorted out but there all community fish, once if sorted the water put I will try make a list of the fish when I have identified them all and get some help on what I should remove or what I should add etc lol

Tommore

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 22/8/2012, 08:32

Lucky bugger lol.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/8/2012, 09:57

If you get rid of it, I will give you the cost of the petrol to bring it round here Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommore 22/8/2012, 12:31

Lol

Tommore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommore 23/8/2012, 13:59

I've finally identified all the fish in the tank now and made a list which section of the forum would be best to list them in to get help about stocking

Tommore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum