THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI

Go down

'89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI Empty '89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI

Post by Guest 21/3/2012, 21:06

Here we have for sale our beloved 1989 Golf Mk1 Karmann Cabby.

We are really unhappy to see it go as so much time an effort has been taken to keep it nice and looking great but new baby forces sale. The idea is to replace it and our 04 Corsa 3dr with a 5dr Seat Leon Cupra R.

It's has loads of history and whilst we have owned it not had a penny spared when its come to needing anything. We have also added a few tasteful upgrades which any knowledgable dub enthusiast will know is good.

We have had the car 18months and only covered about 700miles including driving it back from birmingham. Whilst we have owned the Golf we have only wanted to use it during the summer, as you can see it has been garaged all winter and only gets wet when it's washed. External condition is great for its age but is showing a few signs of wear (small scratches and marks) but isn't noticeable unless you look very closely, internally there is a small hole in the bolster of the drivers seat (what old golf doesn't have a worn drivers seat). There is no signs of rust anywhere around the body and the mohair roof is in great condition with no rips or tears which we treated with a fabric roof cleaner and protector.

It is a 1800cc petrol engine with 5speed manual gearbox which has covered 92,542 miles, it has a Weber carburettor (32/34) with KnN filter. The weber carb is an upgrade compared to the standard automatically choked Pierberg carb that it came with as standard. We fitted the Weber carb last summer as the automatic choke wasn't working properly, with the Weber carburettor being off the car I stripped it down and refreshed it with a new service kit and fitted it to the car on a brand new flange to make sure it would last. Whilst working on the engine I removed the old oil filter housing and fitted an oil cooler which is mounted behind the grille, removed the C-clamps which hold the downpipe to the exhaust manifold and fitted a new downpipe gasket to stop it blowing. We also changed the rocker cover gasket, oil, oil filter, coolant and fitted a brand new battery.

We have completed a G60 280mm brake conversion including mk2 16v brake servo mated with a brand new 23mm master cylinder. The brake callipers where sand blasted and painted in metallic red before fitting, new front flexy pipes, new front disks with EBC green stuff pads, complete new rear brake set up - drums, shoes and brake cylinders, the handbrake is the only bit that wasn't changed but new cables will be supplied. When this system was fitted the old brake fluid was replaced with EBC blue silicon racing fluid just to finish things off nicely (remainder or bottle is supplied with car), the reason we used this is it doesn't need replacing as often as silicon doesn't absorb oxygen.

Other things we have done is fit a brand new AMP front lower strut brace just to hold the front end of the chassis together better (gives a firmer road hold and more precise steering). The front and rear springs were then replaced with Weitec lowering springs (60/40) bought brand new the rear struts were also replaced with new manufacture specific struts (Montreal i think - still got the box somewhere). We still have the standard springs which will also be supplied with the vehicle.

We have also completed cosmetic changes, such as fitting the black and chrome waistline strips that go around the outside of the body (still have the standard black ones). Replaced the headlights with crystal lights as one of the old ones was cracked, the clips on the grille were also broken so this was replaced with a new one and the upper grille spoiler that came with the car was refitted. We have had new plates made as well as pressed plates which have the makers postcode printed on them (they were sold to us as UK road legal) and fitted a bonnet bra just because we like them. Internally we have fitted VDO gauges (including the oil pressure sender in the engine bay) which are in full working order and illuminate when the headlights are switched on (gives it that great classic sports look).

I'm sure there is other things that we have done which I just cannot remember at this moment. There are many things that we have awaiting to be fitted which can be taken with the car, including front electric window mechanisms, Toad Cat1 Alarm and remote central locking kit (sure theres a few more things). In reference to wheels, the car will be supplied with the original 15" BBS RA's it came with or a set of 15" Azev A's which are finished in black, buyer has the choice or can take both sets depending on the deal. The Porsche Teledials which are currently fitted and shown in the photos are not included in the sale.

The vehicle will need to be trailered away as it isn't taxed with it being off the road for the winter or it can be taxed by the buyer if it is to be driven away (MOT certificate is current - October 2012 and V5 is present, so an insurance certificate is the only thing you will need to tax it).

£2000 ono

Thank you for looking and if I can answer answer any further questions please message me through here or by phone 07411745767 and I will aim to come back to you within an hour if I can't answer immediately. Vehicle is advertised else where and can be removed at any time. Payment will be expected upon on collection. Viewings can be arranged most evenings or weekends - No tyre kickers or test drive pilots.

Regards Richard & Jane.

'89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI IMG_0237
'89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI IMG_0264

Back to top Go down

'89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI Empty Re: '89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI

Post by ado_boro 21/3/2012, 21:41

Lovely car that mate, propper classic. Would snap your hand off if I was in a position to buy. I'm sure it will sell quick!
ado_boro
ado_boro

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.paterson

Back to top Go down

'89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI Empty Re: '89 Golf Mk1 Karmann Clipper convertible GTI

Post by Guest 21/3/2012, 21:49

Hope so the mrs is really struggling with the corsa been a 3door and the only way we can afford a car is to sell both. However we cant sell the corsa till this has gone or she will be without a car.....I really dont want to sell it but we have to :-(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/3/2012, 20:00

Sold subject to payment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum