THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moving tanks with water and fish in them

3 posters

Go down

moving tanks with water and fish in them Empty moving tanks with water and fish in them

Post by Guest 11/5/2012, 21:55

ok here's the deal
I have 2 x 2 foot tanks i need to move down from upstairs this weekend
both tanks have fish in and they are both due for a water change so just how much water can i leave in the tanks while i move them downstairs i will of course be removing caves, filters and wood so there will only be sand water and fish in the tanks one of which has the super red fry in it.
I will be able to keep some of the mature water to go back into the tanks once they are moved so there will be about 50% fresh and the same of mature water once the tanks are settled into the new position downstairs.
any thoughts folks? not wanting to stress the seals on the tanks

Back to top Go down

moving tanks with water and fish in them Empty Re: moving tanks with water and fish in them

Post by rosslewisbrown 11/5/2012, 22:02

If I were you I'd just leave an inch or two on the bottom. It's you filters that need to be mature, not the water.
rosslewisbrown
rosslewisbrown

http://www.facebook.co.uk/rosslewisbrown

Back to top Go down

moving tanks with water and fish in them Empty Re: moving tanks with water and fish in them

Post by Guest 11/5/2012, 22:11

id say it was safe to move with about 20% of the water still in, ive moved our 2' around about 1/4 full with no real problems so u should b pretty safe aslong as you dont "slosh" them about 2 much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 12/5/2012, 07:00

Well i would just be careful Grumps with you being so old and that. Get a helping hand when you move them old boy Very Happy

timmy74

http://www.timgirvan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/5/2012, 14:28

no useful handy plumbers about when you need them are there?
i managed to get them moved downstairs no bother just down to about an inch or so of water, half old water and half new, just like a big water change really so fingers crossed
also managed a peek at the tocantins and the green fellas while i was moving them strangely enough the reds just scooted into caves so i just picked the caves up with them inside! result in my opinion!
:ADMINPOWER: :wahooo: 👍

Back to top Go down

Post by onlineman 12/5/2012, 15:35

its nice when a plan comes together isnt it !!..lol
onlineman
onlineman

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 12/5/2012, 18:08

nice Ian. Pleased it all went ok bud.

timmy74

http://www.timgirvan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/5/2012, 19:16

i did have a "moment" half way down the stairs with the second tank when my arms felt like they were going to let go (arthritis is a pain, literally!) but other than that the funny moment was when i pored the buckets of water back into the tank with the super red fry and lda072's in and out popped the lda's (forgot i hadn't put them back in at this point!) still don't know who had the biggest suprise, me or the plecs! hasn't done them any harm like, they're back hiding under the sodding wood as per usual
note to self:- count fish out AND back in to tanks every time! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/5/2012, 19:36

nice one ian mate cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum