THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank

2 posters

Go down

Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank Empty Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank

Post by Guest 24/7/2012, 21:33

Basically as above, I have these tiny white crabs hopping around the surface of my tank. I only noticed them when feeding tonight, only way i can describe them is albino nits lol.....anything to panic about?

I've tried to kill them so far with meth blue (sprayed directly onto them) some tho just seem to jump on top of the chemical and jump of and some seemed to drown in it.

Last thing I want is to get up in the morning and my tank be wiped out.

Back to top Go down

Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank Empty Re: Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank

Post by k3vinjam3s 25/7/2012, 07:58

Nothing to worry bout mate, they are called springbots I think. Give them a google. I have them from time to time and have had no ill effects on the fish.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank Empty Re: Info needed URGENT.....insects in my tank

Post by Guest 25/7/2012, 21:10

currently trying to kill them lol has created some fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/7/2012, 21:14

Also noticed my Angle Fish (Male) has red sores around its mouth, kinda look like growths.....if anyone has any ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by angelchris 29/7/2012, 00:34

Hi, have you only the one angel in the tank ? are any of the other fish showing signs of sores/illness ? are the sores around the lips or on them ? quarantine as soon as possible
angelchris
angelchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/7/2012, 08:55

no I have three angels, of which the only Male is affected. He has a couple of small pinky ref lumps above his top lip of which appeared a few weeks ago and don't seem to have got any worse. The good news is no other fish is suffering with this problem, which leaves me quite confused.

Unfortunately I don't have the option to quarantine the fish so will have to treat the main tank. Is there anything you would suggest to use to clear this up?

Back to top Go down

Post by angelchris 29/7/2012, 12:24

Hi,sometimes angel fish can be very abrupt with each other, and heavy lip smacking can happen, but if you think this is not the case, you could treat with Myxazin a good all rounder , google it first please read all the instructions and advice given before you buy the product, to be honest its one of the meds i always keep in stock along with Protozin , 2 very good treatments. you may also want to try the natural treatment, melafix and pimafix, smells like vicks, but please google them first and be happy to use either of these products on your fish, its down to you on what product you us, hope your angel responds to treatment, cheers
angelchris
angelchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/7/2012, 21:44

nothing seems to be getting worse, have been treating with melafix (sends me high lol). Thanks for the advice, I'll google them and see what happens then treat from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down