THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question re my sick fish & cultures

2 posters

Go down

question re my sick fish & cultures Empty question re my sick fish & cultures

Post by debnel 1/9/2012, 17:31

hi all. on day 3 of my tank treatments and still loosing fish. apprears to be bacterial. because i have clown loaches i can only add half the dose per day.
i am wondering if my walter worm and banana worm cultures can benefit the health of the adult fish in my main tank.
or are the worms to small?
not sure how long the cultures last once i have harvested and added into water jar but i doubt 5 siamese fry will get thru much of them!
i have molly fry too so can i also use this for them?

cheers
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

question re my sick fish & cultures Empty Re: question re my sick fish & cultures

Post by debnel 1/9/2012, 17:37

also as i have now done all 3 doses is it worth doing a waterchange? or should i continue with a couple more half doses as they havent been able to have the amount stated on the instructions due to risk to clown loaches
am using esha exit & esha 2000 on a 175l tank
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

question re my sick fish & cultures Empty Re: question re my sick fish & cultures

Post by Siamese fighter 1/9/2012, 18:17

I wouldn't do a water change at least until tomorrow as this is only day three of the treatment so they need to get the benefit of today's dose
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/9/2012, 18:18

i have been doing half and half i not lost any more its worked for us finally getting some good news plus did you phone colin debs to check how much to use as you had clowns he told us half of the full dose on each treatment and mix together before you add to tank
so if you have halfed the treatment again you might not of been giving them enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/9/2012, 18:22

i wouldent do a water change personally while they are still in treatment plus i read the instructions and says you dont need to do water change straight after

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 1/9/2012, 18:23

i have been giving half or what was said on the boxes. he said the clowns should be ok at this level. so sounds like we been giving the same doses.
lost a cory too.
losses well into double figures and tank starting to look a little bare.
i was considering doing water change on sunday.
after that i am back at work and kids start back at school so wont get chance till maybe thursday.
what do you reckon to the cultures idea?
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 1/9/2012, 18:27

I would feed them the culture as it won't hurt how many doses did you give them on day 1?
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 1/9/2012, 18:29

day one was 18 drops esha exit and 22 drops 2000
day 2 & 3 was 9 of exit and 11 of 2000
damn another dead neon!
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 1/9/2012, 18:34

That's the right dosage you can do extra dosages and it's not exactly necessary to do a water change after day 3 so maybe do another couple of doses but I can't really understand it as we have had no more losses unless it is something completely different.
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 1/9/2012, 18:37

this is driving me nuts!
will leave the water change but continue the treatment another few days.
if no improvement by thurs i will ring colin again see what he can suggest
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 1/9/2012, 18:39

It may just take an extra day or two just don't understand it
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2012, 09:13

Esha is biodegradable so no water change is needed after treatment its a totally natural medicine and is well tolerated by even the more delicate fish, even clown loaches and fancy plecs.. Thats y we choose to use it in our tanks and can be used at full dosage. As its natural tho it can take a few extra doses to c the benefits of it especially if the bacteria or disease is an aggressive form, we find it best to treat at full dose for a week just to be safe,. hope this helps and hope your fish start to get better soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 4/9/2012, 15:44

Have now gone over 24hrs without a loss. Let's hope when I get home tonight that I can still say that!
Glad to hear its so safe as I will buy it again if ever need it.
Thanks for the advice hun x
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 4/9/2012, 17:47

yay! all still alive!
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2012, 19:14

fingers crossed it stays that way Smile weve all been there, we lost every 1 of our dwarf cichlids in a matter of days to some unknown infection...never touched the plecs, barbs or tetras we had in just the cichlids, still have no idea what it was :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2012, 19:15

thats great news

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 4/9/2012, 19:44

That's great news deb let's hope it carries on fingers crossed, touch wood get a lucky four leaf clover lol
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum