THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolute aquatics

+4
Siamese fighter
debnel
carpguru
Nyoung87
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Absolute aquatics Empty Absolute aquatics

Post by Nyoung87 31/12/2011, 16:38

was closed today will post review upon next visit
Nyoung87
Nyoung87

Back to top Go down

Absolute aquatics Empty Re: Absolute aquatics

Post by carpguru 31/12/2011, 18:23

normally a good place
carpguru
carpguru

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 8/7/2012, 13:03

bought 3 khuli loaches and 2 baby cory about a month to 6weeks ago.
10 days later only 2 khuli left
week after that nothing left.
i shouldnt have bought as wasnt impressed with tank condition but so badly wanted the khulis as hubbys fave fish. maybe i just had bad luck but all 5 fish lost?
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/7/2012, 16:24

i bought a long fin ram from there about 6 weeks ago shortly after (i think the next day) the ram was covered in white spot, then lost all its colour got a sunken stomach and is now dead,

on the plus they did have afew plecs and american cichlids in but was quite pricey.

i popped in there last week as i'm working on the digital hub around the corner, they must of been waiting on a order because there wasn't much there at all,

oh and the bloke in there didn't know about plecs he was trying to tell me what they where, I was telling him what they really where, L number, size they grow, and how the6y should be kept lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 8/7/2012, 17:33

the bloke who runs this place is called colin and he is a really nice bloke and is quiet accommodating if he hasn't got anything in he will try and get it for you
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/7/2012, 17:47

the same as anywhere they will try and get you what you want however the fish we wanted werent on the list, the bloke did seem a decent fella but could have kept the tanks dead fish free before customers come into the shop Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/7/2012, 17:21

I visited this store at the weekend and I was appalled at what I saw, there was what looked like small plastic cogs in one tank, dead fish in others, mucky tanks.
The shop was empty of customers, however there was 4 guys just hanging around talking at the front of the shop, a couple of them were sat on a sofa.... A sofa in a aquatic shop?????
I'm not sure if they all worked there but instead of chatting, get the bloody tanks clean at least.
While we were there we were never approached to see if we needed any help or assistance and this was on a Saturday afternoon.
Needless to say I didn't buy anything and I wont be in a rush to go there again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/7/2012, 17:49

everytime i been in had no problems on the good side they dont pressure sell to you or harras you like some lfs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/7/2012, 18:16

Maybe the boss was away when I went lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/7/2012, 19:36

I been in there a few times in the last few weeks as im working around the corner on the hub. Iv asked if he could get a few fish in and he'd never heard of them. He gets a few l numbers in but doesn't know alot about them.

Martys right you dont get bothered you get left to look at the tanks..

I think the shop is kind of the opposite of Redcars other aquatics 'Tropical house' with algae everywhere and and seems to know and loves her fish,
only real problem we had with this palce was some prices where high and some plecs had a serious case of white spot but this can happen to the best of us.

Back to absaloute aquatics;

I think the shop looks the part tanks are clean,they do marine fish what can be a positive. I dont think a lady customer was too happy when i asked if i can put a clown fish in my tropical tank with cichlids though Shocked ha ha.
They all also get some nice plecos in. but the prices steep!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/7/2012, 20:49

Went back into absaloute aquatics today whiles on my break and im goin to take back my harsh conclusion of Absaloute ripoff, there was a nice sized golden nugget i think L81 @ around 4-5" for £25, iv fell in love with a L27 gold line panaque that is only 1", might go in and ask if they will do a swap with me lol Had a quick look in the cold section for mick and seems better than most i seen had some very nice 'PANDA MOORS' other than that i relised how much i like green terrors and Jack Demseys

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 1/8/2012, 20:09

We have been over to absolute aquatics and had a nice chat with Colin's son as Colin is on holiday at the moment and they are hoping to get more different species in and have a change around should be good
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 2/8/2012, 19:04

due to the previous two posts (and fact we were taking kids to seaside) called in here today. whilst i dont know if the faish are lasting longer I did see a noticalble improvement in tank conditions. much cleaner and not a single derad fish in sight. staff were chatty and friendly.
all in all a big improvement on last visit!
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 22/8/2012, 13:55

Absolute aquatics Absoluteaquatics001
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 22/8/2012, 13:59

Absolute aquatics Absoluteaquatics005

Absolute aquatics Absoluteaquatics003

[/IMG]/i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s402/martinking8/absoluteaquatics007.jpg[/IMG]

Absolute aquatics Absoluteaquatics002

Absolute aquatics Absoluteaquatics007
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Tiger Oscar 24/8/2012, 19:08

I have known Colin since he opened the shop and all i can say he is helpfull friendly and give's good advice.I purchased a 7x2x2 aquarium off him and he set it up for me free of charge.I have Oscar's,Jack Dempsey's,Green Terror and a Gibbicep's and all his fish are A 1 one thing i have noticed is there are a lot of keyboard warrior's on here slagging people off from behind a computer.I personally give Col credit where it is due,People who have lost fish what is your water quality like for a start thing's like that need to be taken into concideration.Anyway i'm new to the forum hello

Big Tiger Oscar

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 24/8/2012, 19:25

What's the issue? I've just retread the thread and from what I can see most of the posts are commenting on the recent improvements! What's the problem with that? I lost fish earlier in the year from there. They are/were the only fish I have lost since jan and I use several shops. The others were all fine. As is my water quality thanks.
I really don't know why you have come across so defensive. We were saying good things about the place.
Oh and welcome to the board btw!
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/8/2012, 19:28

no keyboard warriors on here and no slagging off its just ppls honest opinion of their experience with the different aquatics we have around, we have had fish from their and had bad experiences but also had good 1s as with all lfs not every experience is the same and they have bad days just like any business but this is where we come to inform others of our experience, this is by no means intended to influence ppls opinions or to discourage them from goin into a shop merely just to highlight our own personal experience of a place. hello btw Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 24/8/2012, 21:24

Very true shell!
Heck they can't be that bad as I'm off there to pick up my new fish this weekend!
No doubt I will return with more than intended!
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 24/8/2012, 22:19

My husband and I have known Colin since he opened the shop in Redcar and we have had many conversations with Colin and Matthew over the years many about siamese fighters obviously hence how we have managed to score the forum some discount for active members who have membership card's, shell is right everyone has different opinions and that is what this forum is about.
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NedtheDog 25/8/2012, 14:53

My Husband and I ????? My God I thought the Queen was a forum member for a mo!
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 25/8/2012, 18:55

lol didn't really read it before I sent it what am I like Laughing
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/8/2012, 19:45

anyway she's Marty's queen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 25/8/2012, 19:45

Thank you ian well said
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 25/8/2012, 23:22

Went today to pick up my crown tail. Tidy tanks & lovely helpfull chatty staff. Offered to post on here to let me know when my Khuli loaches come into stock.

Really hoping this fish lasts longer than the last ones I bought. Saying that I felt so much better on this visit that on the last one when boss on hols.
Very appreciative of forum discount. If this fish does well I plann going back & spending some serious money!

Last edited by debnel on 25/8/2012, 23:24; edited 1 time in total
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next