THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost both young super reds this morning

3 posters

Go down

lost both young super reds this morning Empty lost both young super reds this morning

Post by Guest 15/4/2012, 09:19

i got 2 VERY small super reds given on friday both 1/2 inch in size (or less!) and nicely coloured

however this morning they are both colourless (almost) and very dead
water stats as follows ammonia 0ppm(trace) nitrate 10ppm nitrite 0ppm(trace) ph 6.8
i'm thinking that they may well have just been too small/young to cope with the stresses of moving tanks and although i'm obviously gutted there is nothing for it but to try again later
the tank is well and truly cycled and i've had no untoward losses in there for ages now so unless someone else can think of an explanation???

Back to top Go down

lost both young super reds this morning Empty Re: lost both young super reds this morning

Post by k3vinjam3s 15/4/2012, 09:27

How chunky were they? When they are that young starvation is normally the main cause of death. If they were undernourished before you got them the change may well have been too much for them. As a rule I won't let mine go till around an inch but with nice chunky bellies.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

lost both young super reds this morning Empty Re: lost both young super reds this morning

Post by Guest 15/4/2012, 09:48

Sorry to hear Ian bad luck to you im sure you'll have a fine replacement before too long Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/4/2012, 10:02

to be honest kev i did think they looked slender but just out that down to age/size like mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/4/2012, 15:36

sorry to hear you lost baby super reds mate i lost a angel due to stress moving them fish yesterday mate so i know how you feel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/4/2012, 18:02

rip little fishies Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by D13H4RD 15/4/2012, 20:05

Sorry to hear this matey Crying or Very sad
D13H4RD
D13H4RD

Back to top Go down

Post by DarloKev 15/4/2012, 22:28

There seems to be a lot of people losing the super reds for aparantly no reason

DarloKev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down