THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up my old tank

Go down

Setting up my old tank Empty Setting up my old tank

Post by Markeh91 31/7/2012, 23:10

ive decided to set up my old fish tank thats gone spare since upgrading so i need to buy a new pump i was either thinking of the eheim 2126 or a fluval 406

eheim is the cheaper to buy but more expensive for parts/media
both do about a 400l tank size but the eheim only does about 900lph while the fluval clain a huge 1450lph
the tank size for these to fit is only a 240l but i believe in over filtering especially with these 2 having flow control valves.

i am currently using a fluval 305 so am familiar with these canisters but im unsure on eheim although i have heard a few more people rate the eheim higher than fluval

anyone got any experience on running eheim's or the new fluval 06 series?
Markeh91
Markeh91

Back to top Go down

Setting up my old tank Empty Re: Setting up my old tank

Post by Guest 1/8/2012, 08:27

eheim are good filters mate also have you heard of all pond solutions there are a cracking filter aswell also i recently bought this pump and i find its great pump http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/800-2200LPH-BIO-PRO-EXTERNAL-AQUARIUM-WATER-FILTERS-WITH-MEDIA-UVC-FISH-TANK-/380442075098?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item58941d5fda i have got the uvf 2200 suitable for 800 litre tank and does 2200 lph of ebay was 63.99 free delivery have it running on a 4ft tank and its crystal clear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/8/2012, 08:36

this one 59.99 but smaller output than top one but i have both filters i mentioned and had no problems with either just thought i would give you a couple of filters to consider mate hope it helps http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-Pond-Solutions-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-External-Filter-EF-9w-UV-Steriliser-Light-/180899922622?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item2a1e79c2be

Back to top Go down

Post by Markeh91 1/8/2012, 20:54

had a good look at them both and had a good think about the 2200lph pisces bio pro it looks a good filter for the price but the canister is too big for the door its got to go through to sit under my tank
Markeh91
Markeh91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/8/2012, 20:58

the canister is alot bigger than standard externals i was shocked at the size when i see size of the box but excellent filter for the price

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down