THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol

+8
D13H4RD
ado_boro
k3vinjam3s
Ian
blooper
MarcG
carpguru
mrsbiffster
12 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 Empty Re: New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol

Post by MarcG 19/1/2012, 18:02

thats also what i do kevin
MarcG
MarcG

Back to top Go down

New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 Empty Re: New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol

Post by Guest 19/1/2012, 22:21

Teesside koi was good, quite alot of stock but its all the same, 5 tanks full of albino kribs, looked really nice.

Peter Barrets proper pissed me off, went in for a test kit and they said they had none left and wont be getting no more stock. I queried their customer service and informed them I knew their boss (general manager) their tune changed but still useless.

Ended up back at paddock farm n treat myself to some pearl danio's, which are now very active in the tank.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbiffster 20/1/2012, 01:23

Good choice of fish. Why not get some harlequins, glowlight tetras or some lemon tetras.
mrsbiffster
mrsbiffster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 20/1/2012, 06:51

Get a test kit off ebay, loads cheaper. Peter barrets are soon to be maidenhead aquatics so can understand them running their stock down. Might be having some good offers on if they need to shift the stock before the take over so keep an eye out. Out of curiousity who was the bad member of staff? I don't get on with one of the dudes there either.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by blooper 20/1/2012, 09:17

i bet it was one of the older guys ones very friendly the others just ignorant think he knows it all

blooper

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 20/1/2012, 10:16

Yep, two old men, one tall grey hair, lovely fella. One shorter, grey hair and a tool!
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/1/2012, 14:00

Short grey hair, Jack the lad and the other lad was young (curly hair) looked like screech from saved by the bell lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/1/2012, 08:18

Things are really starting to get moving now. Visited Mick on monday and got some lovely cory's bronze and peppered, sure theirs at least one female in each group of three (think i'll invest in another female of each).

Thanks to dude 👍 who didn't take all Mick's fish I ended up back on tuesday night after work and collected the small Red-tailed black shark (I defo need a mick-o-meter as my small is different to micks and I like the idea of saying to our lass, it's only small and bringing a monster home lol) and the worlds smallest clown loach. Which is now confused to what it actually is as its swimming with a shoal of tiger barbs lol it seems fairly happy so lets leave it be.

Todays plan is to try and get my hands on some slate so that I can start to build a structure comprising of breeding sections and tunnels for all different fish that need them. How high do you recon its worth going? bare in mind its going to be one solid structure as I'm going to bond it together.

I'll load some photo's up tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2012, 09:14

Sorry for the delay in posting but I've been busy with other things, here's an upto date image of where we are at.

New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 A8674daf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2012, 09:55

looks well what with the slate and the background mate, but where are the bristlenoses??? and that massive clown loach???
nice work richard

Back to top Go down

Post by ado_boro 5/2/2012, 10:33

Looking good! You gonna get some plants?
ado_boro
ado_boro

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2012, 11:34

Yeh I'm wanting to go ahead with some plants next, been looking at a dennerle Co2 system, but stumbled across an arcadia over tank 54w 4tube unit which i couldnt resist on the cheap. So having to put it back slightly now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2012, 12:10

Going to collect the Over Tank Luminaire tomorrow. However I believe its hung from the ceiling and doesn't have the brackets at the side to hold in to the tank. If this is the case I will advertise it for what I paid for it....VERY CHEAP....and I'll just swallow the cost of the fuel.

The baby Bristlenose's are getting more active, however I can only find two of the L144's but can find all 3 of the larger brown ones that I got off Kev.

I've got some tank maintenance planned for this afternoon, when I get back from the Hospital. So will update with stats and if I've found the other L144 in the external.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/2/2012, 22:28

Need some more help folks with my gone mad project which was designed to be a small feature of the house which is taking over lol.

With my recent purchase of a ceiling hung over tank arcadia luminaire, I now need to replace a couple of tubes. Currently it has two bright white (marine) tube and two marine blues, of which one of the blues is shot and need replacing. Am I ok to use the marine whites and replace the worn out tube? My other thoughts were will they be good enough or too good for my community? Other than that I'm starting to stock plants and I've heard of Pink tubes, what are they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 11/2/2012, 23:56

pinks are tropical plant growth tubes they help with plant growth not always as bright as the marine whites but help grow your plants they all are ok with your fish i quite like the marine tubes the lights are a bit more harsh but that works with the structure like slate in your tank and the blue tubes bring out the colours in the fish but so far your tank is looking really good

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/2/2012, 08:40

So would yo suggest just to buy one pink tube? Or should I get more with paddock having the offer?

Back to top Go down

Post by D13H4RD 12/2/2012, 08:43

mick the fish wrote:normally the same price
but
if you get 30 posts on here you get 10% off at paddoxs

Yup I mentioned the forum yesterday and they gave me 10% discount : )
D13H4RD
D13H4RD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/2/2012, 09:12

Paddock are running an event this weekend. Basically a 25% saving for people who bought light stock, I think it's mainly Arcadia and JBL that are in the offer. There's a topic on here about it (special announcement - I'm sure the topic is called) if your interested.

I really don't know whether to just get on tube as that's wat I need or get a couple to take advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by ado_boro 12/2/2012, 16:46

Have you managed to set the new light unit up then? Would be cool to see.
ado_boro
ado_boro

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 12/2/2012, 21:47

have a lok see what effect the ones they have maybe ask james or who ever to show you the different types

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/2/2012, 22:13

No haven't had chance as of yet with work, nappies, feeding, cleaning and cooking thats needed doing. I really dont know whether to directly hang it from the ceiling or put a shelf up and drill through it, run the cables and secure it with a pin. Has anyone used one before that could advise? Still need to sort the tubes out as I just haven't had 5mins to look.....driving me insain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/2/2012, 15:50

Light has been put on standby for now. Just needing to spend the time to find out where the joists are in the roof.

Big move foreward stock wise now:
6 Odessa Barbs
4 Angles (2 Golden, 2 Blue)
9 Pearl Danio's
6 Bronze Cory's
6 Peppered Cory's - Currently for sale in classfield
2 Clown Loach
Red Tail Black Shark - Currently for sale in classfield
Male Fighter
3 Common Bristlenose
3 (L144 Lemon) Bristlenose

And tonight I get my new addition 6 Sterbai Cory's plus a load of chunky slate - Things are going to look great.

Back to top Go down

Post by D13H4RD 21/2/2012, 16:17

Sounds great matey Very Happy
D13H4RD
D13H4RD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/5/2012, 20:53

****Update****

Tank has been massively neglected over that last few weeks, but I suppose it is helping it mature. The good news is something must be right because my pure gold Koi Angle and my Black and Blue Angle have laid eggs and have successfully laid eggs.

Typically I have to strip the tank next week in order to move house. Wonder if many will survive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/10/2012, 21:51

Its been a long time since I updated this...Heres some upto date photos of what Im Stocking:
New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 0C82ACD5-3AAE-42FD-BA28-ABFDDEBD094B-2107-000001D688AFF460
New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 4F763EE3-C910-4E8A-9135-F0A953271C00-2107-000001D670666E11
New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 IMG_1128
New Tank - Biggest Yet and 3years out of practise lol - Page 5 IMG_1140

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next