THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

petmania stockton

+5
timmy74
Kingi
ado_boro
D13H4RD
Ian
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

petmania stockton  - Page 2 Empty Re: petmania stockton

Post by Guest 5/10/2012, 08:10

we were in pet mania last thursday and had a quiet word with josh as both times we been in since steve left there have been dead fish all over the place, josh informed us that the new guy is in over his head atm n has made a boo boo on the order n lost the majority of stock, and ended up with stock full of desease n stuff. He is trying to sort the problem out atm but until he does we wont be buying fish from there n normally we dont have a bad word to say against them. On the other side of things we also payed a visit to steve over at stockton n it seems hes got straight down to restocking the place with some decent fish, altho the tanks r the same n still running of central filtration he assured us that the ammount of uv the water all goes through anything in there would be dead before it reached the tanks. He too wasnt impressed with what is goin on in pet mania atm :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/10/2012, 09:44

I was in pet mania on Wednesday night and spoke with the new guy for quite a while. Tanks seemed quite well stocked but still had a couple of tanks which were been treated (tops of 4 - but the fish were in a bad state) but all the rest seemed ok. There was the odd plattie or tetra which was belly up but nothing more than you see in any shop.

He was saying he's looking at changing what there stocking for some more interesting breeds and the biggest problem there having is the fish aren't coming through a UK Imported they are been bought and delivered straight from Brazil etc so they are quarantining them on site.

Really tempted to go back in today as they have a female B/N but want £7 for it.....grrr!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/10/2012, 09:58

new stock usually comes in on a thursday night josh was saying they r using checz importer n the quality isnt good but the death count was improving as the day went on altho they were having to do tank checks every 30 mins n remove dead fish each time, fish were being put into tanks with incompatible tankmates and so were being badly beaten up resulting in 1 very badly damaged (only half of it left) but still alive whiptail cat and alot of nipped fins and tails, im sure he just needs to find his feet but until that is i wont be buying from there. i was even tempted to bring our green terror back home Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 5/10/2012, 14:30

It's a shame that the quality from the suppliers isn't the best at the minute
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/10/2012, 22:06

Made a purchase today so will keep you all posted with what happens

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 6/10/2012, 08:52

If it was a bn plec it will be fine, better in your tank with loads of food and hiding places then there's. Was it?
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2012, 12:43

Yeh was a BN mind u there was loads of hiding places and bog wood in the tank it came from. It seemed quite settled this morning when I checked the tank before leaving for work.....I thought it was bigger as I've now discovered its have the size my male I got from you lol

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 6/10/2012, 15:38

Did you notice any smaller ones, if so how much as these will be the ones they got from me.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2012, 17:04

They wanted £3.99 or £4.99 each for them - mine was supposed to be £7.99 but got it for £6.

I just hope it doesn't bristle up cos i wont be happy lol got some silicon this morning so slate cave building will commense tonight tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2012, 18:26

was at aa in redcar they had juveniles bns brown 4.25 i think they where

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 6/10/2012, 20:15

So they are selling the plecs I swapped like for like for rummynose for a fiver and I'm down to 7 rummynose from 20 and I've lost one wild caught ram with one not looking too clever either. Guess I got a good deal then! Guess ill never be recommending petmania to anyone again.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian 6/10/2012, 20:58

havnt you took them back and complained

Ian
Admin
Admin

https://theaquarium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 6/10/2012, 21:19

Nah didn't keep the fish that died and been super busy this week and haven't had chance to go winge at them.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/10/2012, 11:16

Give them a buzz kev - new guy sounds reasonable....BN is still swimming (currently)

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 7/10/2012, 15:20

Glad to hear it hodgy
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/10/2012, 15:21

Mind you I'm at work in Hartlepool so the fish in Yarm could be a different story by now lol

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 14:57

quick glance round today. too many dead fish. no staff in sight.
didnt linger..got out fast
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 19:02

We had heard the other night that pet mania had lot's of dead fish in the tanks seems to have certainly gone downhill by the sounds of it.
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosslewisbrown 19/10/2012, 19:13

I agree Deb. I was in there about 4 this afternoon, wasn't busy but loads of people were waiting for fish and the guy was just cleaning the tanks completely oblivious!!

On the plus side, their bull snake they have for sale was roaming about in his tank. I finally got a chance to have a peek and he's beautiful!! I hope mine grows up to be as pretty
rosslewisbrown
rosslewisbrown

http://www.facebook.co.uk/rosslewisbrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 19:14

The last time we where in there we had to go and find the young lad to tell him that one of his fish was poorly and he wasn't bothered at all, we won't be using them again in a hurry
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 20:08

Considered buying bogwood but don't like buying anything from a shop that doesn't look after its core product. Just cruel to treat fish like that
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese fighter 19/10/2012, 20:26

That's the best way to be really as I don't suppose it would make a difference at the moment even if you did say anything to them
Siamese fighter
Siamese fighter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/2012, 22:37

I think the biggest thing we are all missing the point off....they guy has been brought in after the last guy left. It's gone down hill in the middle and now he's picking up the pieces.

I cannot defend the fact people have been stood waiting for fish however the place is that busy with every kind of fish...how many people actually just waste his time chatting ****, however when I was there on sunday I just shouted him over to sort my bits out.

I think the fact he is a late member of the paddock farm team suggests he actually knows his stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by debnel 19/10/2012, 22:57

Didn't see any employees so can't rate them on anything other than their absence
I can and do judge in the fish in tanks that are ill or deceased.
Some were furry. This doesn't happen over night.
Just my Personal view. We all entitled. When I see improvemet I will be back here posting to acknowledge it. I like to tell it as it is good or bad. I spent a lot if effort getting to that shop on the bus and was sorry to be disappointed. Just trying to let other members know the current situation. We all know shops change & turn around from good to bad & vice versa. But if it saves another member time & money by waiting till it improves why not share my thoughts and opinions.
Isn't that what this section of the board is about after all? I viewed about half a dozen shops in a day. Gave honest opinion on all.
And honestly...didn't rate this place as it stands. May change in the future...who knows Smile
debnel
debnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/2012, 23:14

That wasnt a direct pop at you I was just saying that their trying to get things sorted.

The fur has been added on purpose through what I was told basically for decoration I currently have the same form of algae growing in my tank on the edges of my amazon sword but i suppose its all down to taste.

Did you see any baby Kribs when you were there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next