THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

+2
NedtheDog
Enigma
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th Empty Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

Post by Enigma 24/4/2012, 08:57

Fish Rescue and Welfare's first auction
Sunday 6th May 2012
Houghton Racecourse community centre
Burdon Road
Houghton le Spring
DH5 8EG
10-10.30am sellers
11am public
50p admission to raise funds to support the work of the rescue
Refreshments on sale and raffle.
To book lots contact Claire on 07879992016 / crazyclaire_uk@yahoo.com Helen on 07917718150 or via auction thread on www.fishrescueandwelfare.com
Please supply 2 copies of lots for auctioneer and cashier
15% commission of all proceeds of lots to Fish Rescue and Welfare.com

If you want to sell please try to book in your lots ASAP.
Hope to see you all there Smile

Enigma

Back to top Go down

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th Empty Re: Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

Post by Enigma 30/4/2012, 09:27

The address is actually Burdon Avenue, not Burton Road, but the post code details are correct Smile

Enigma

Back to top Go down

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th Empty Re: Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

Post by NedtheDog 6/5/2012, 07:48

Hi All, Is anyone going to the auction today? If so will see you there. Should we have badges or something to recognise Forum members?
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 6/5/2012, 08:34

Me and Fint the Newbie having a look through.

timmy74

http://www.timgirvan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NedtheDog 6/5/2012, 09:16

See you up there Timmy.
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2012, 09:35

Hey Hey me and shell will be there too!! see yas there!!

Anybody whos not going would u like us to keep an eye out for anything??

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 6/5/2012, 09:56

INtroduce yerself Chris see you in a bit Very Happy

timmy74

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 6/5/2012, 14:26

It was nice to meet ya all
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 6/5/2012, 14:34

Yeah i enjoyed the few hours out and got mesel some new fish to boot. Nice to meet, shell, chris and ned. PS Chris you owe me a slate cave cause a went out me way going A19 way lol.

Only down side to the experience was the smell of B O in the room Very Happy

timmy74

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 6/5/2012, 14:45

Lol
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 6/5/2012, 16:48

timmy74 wrote:Only down side to the experience was the smell of B O in the room Very Happy

That's put me off ever going to an auction lol.
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2012, 16:57

lol nice one mate you didnt need to go out the way still took the wrong turn off following u lol.

Yeh, this auction wasnt the best people nattering over the auctioneer (the auctioneer looked really pissed off at one point) no mic so that didn't help,

Charged to get in payed a fiver for a raffle that was obviously fixed (did't even try to make it un-obvious) lol.

Crammed in a little hall with no enough ventilation lol (b.o).

Hard to find when my phone wouldn't charge with sat nav, so had to ask people and turned up 45 min late.

on the good side:

i got about 30k of slate for about a tenner, a male bn, and aload of other stuff to keep us happy. Smile

Had a chat with Den the dog and met Timmy and Fint Smile

and yes u can have a slate cave but u'll have to come get it timmy lol

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 6/5/2012, 19:44

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy i admire you honesty mate.

timmy74

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 6/5/2012, 20:01

I think tou could make a lot of caves with all that slate mate lol
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by k3vinjam3s 6/5/2012, 20:13

How much was the male bn at the auction and what age/size was it?
k3vinjam3s
k3vinjam3s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2012, 20:34

nice meeting u both Smile i got home to discover1 of the guppys i bought was pregnant she popped out a fair few babies shortly after but our fighter eat them n i only managed to rescue 8...then the killi female jumped out but we didnt realise Sad dunno how long she was on the floor in the dust but she seems ok...and ten to top it off mt rainbowfish eggs hatched Smile im over run with babies clapping

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2012, 20:40

the bristlenose was a fiver for a nice size and nice big bristles we got a nice female here to pair them up, hopfully they will get it on, if not we got aload of albinos that might fancy abit lol

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 6/5/2012, 20:44

Very Happy never a dull moment eh.

timmy74

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 6/5/2012, 21:22

Bargains all round then Smile
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by NedtheDog 7/5/2012, 09:31

Always nice to meet up with Chris and Me-Shell, and great to meet up with Timmy and Fint . I agree not the best auction I have attended, venue too small, no microphone for the auctioneer, noisy etc..
Also locals not liking people parking in the street!
Miserable sods. Oh well there will be others. Sill nice to meet you guys.
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 7/5/2012, 10:09

Likewise Ned, i didnt know what too expect as its me first one but i enjoyed it and got some more stock. Very Happy

timmy74

Back to top Go down

Post by jewellery1 8/5/2012, 23:48

timmy74 wrote:Yeah i enjoyed the few hours out and got mesel some new fish to boot. Nice to meet, shell, chris and ned. PS Chris you owe me a slate cave cause a went out me way going A19 way lol.

I organised that event, and if you had any issues, you could have quite happily came and spoke to me, i would have tried to resolve any issues you feel you had, as it was, it was well attended and lots of people have said they enjoyed it, so you are a minority and you can't please everyone. You seem to feel the need to pull down the event and i feel very very sorry for you as you must have little all else to do....

To suggest the tank raffle draw was a fix? i guarantee that it was not! and criticism around the venue size? Try organising an event without funds...clubs that have a regular auction started somewhere u know! not all auctions will have been as smooth and efficient as they are now!

I agree you are entitled to an oppinion, but i am also, and i can honestly say i would never slate anyones effort at raising funds for a charitable organisation! disgusted doesn't come into it!

jewellery1

Back to top Go down

Post by jewellery1 8/5/2012, 23:50

chriscarnivorous wrote:lol nice one mate you didnt need to go out the way still took the wrong turn off following u lol.

Yeh, this auction wasnt the best people nattering over the auctioneer (the auctioneer looked really pissed off at one point) no mic so that didn't help,

Charged to get in payed a fiver for a raffle that was obviously fixed (did't even try to make it un-obvious) lol.

Crammed in a little hall with no enough ventilation lol (b.o).

Hard to find when my phone wouldn't charge with sat nav, so had to ask people and turned up 45 min late.

on the good side:

i got about 30k of slate for about a tenner, a male bn, and aload of other stuff to keep us happy. Smile

Had a chat with Den the dog and met Timmy and Fint Smile

and yes u can have a slate cave but u'll have to come get it timmy lol

again...you say the place smelled? i notice you stayed til the end...obviously wasn't that bad was it!

jewellery1

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 9/5/2012, 06:36

jewellery1 wrote:
timmy74 wrote:Yeah i enjoyed the few hours out and got mesel some new fish to boot. Nice to meet, shell, chris and ned. PS Chris you owe me a slate cave cause a went out me way going A19 way lol.

I organised that event, and if you had any issues, you could have quite happily came and spoke to me, i would have tried to resolve any issues you feel you had, as it was, it was well attended and lots of people have said they enjoyed it, so you are a minority and you can't please everyone. You seem to feel the need to pull down the event and i feel very very sorry for you as you must have little all else to do....

To suggest the tank raffle draw was a fix? i guarantee that it was not! and criticism around the venue size? Try organising an event without funds...clubs that have a regular auction started somewhere u know! not all auctions will have been as smooth and efficient as they are now!

I agree you are entitled to an oppinion, but i am also, and i can honestly say i would never slate anyones effort at raising funds for a charitable organisation! disgusted doesn't come into it!

Ive stated i enjoyed it i didnt no what too expect it was my first auction. Well done for organising it on what resources you had, someone said at the auction the next one would be in a bigger venue. I dont know what these things are normally like but i was happy to get some bargains and enjoyed the few hours out.

timmy74

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 9/5/2012, 07:00

That's u told timmy lol
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next