THE AQUARIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

+2
NedtheDog
Enigma
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

Post by timmy74 9/5/2012, 07:34

A think it was Chris getting told Shocked

timmy74

http://www.timgirvan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish Rescue and Welfare Auction May 6th

Post by Guest 9/5/2012, 07:43

dont think of it as slating your efforts..think of it as constructive criticism and things to work at for the next 1 you organise Smile and boys next time u have an opinion keep it to yourself....

Back to top Go down

Post by jewellery1 9/5/2012, 07:56

Thank you me-shell, i'm open to criticism, but i'd like the critics to experience organising an auction "without knowledge of auction etiquette and without funds", it's an experience shall we say, lol.
I also did this in between looking after my 2 children (1 disabled), volunteering for the local community access point, helping run a childrens after school club and normal everyday things that we have to do anyway! Thankfully i had some support from some of our members, and all told after cost of hire of the place ( which was the cheapest we could find) we made over 300.00 for the rescue funds x

jewellery1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/5/2012, 19:05

jewellery1 wrote: You seem to feel the need to pull down the event and i feel very very sorry for you as you must have little all else to do....

Just giving an honest opinion, not going to lie and say it was the best, it had nice a open room plenty of space the people where entertained the auctioneer enjoyed him self great food service etc, when there wasn't.

Nobodies slating anybodies efforts if it was you that organised it and it was your first time fair play to u, take the criticism on board and learn from it.

No need to be offended where all friends here on the forum and dont mean to cause offence.

I think the biggest problem was the venue if ur expecting people to turn up you shouldn't cram them in a small room and expect them to be over the moon, :ahah:

I did have a good time and don't regret going, good luck with future events. 👍

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/5/2012, 19:08

That was my post above btw lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/5/2012, 19:15

timmy74 wrote:A think it was Chris getting told Shocked

See u on the naughty step trouble causer, bad influence on me u r lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by fint the newbie 9/5/2012, 19:30

Lol that's the way Criss get the mrs wrong instead of u love it lol
fint the newbie
fint the newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by NedtheDog 9/5/2012, 19:54

Sorry if Jewellery1 took the comments personally, I'm sure nobody ment the comments to hurt anyone. Raising £300.00 is a great achievement for a first attempt at staging an auction. We all have to start somewhere,so perhaps try for a bigger venue next time and perhaps a PA system for the Auctioneer, I wish you well for the next one.
NedtheDog
NedtheDog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmy74 9/5/2012, 20:02

Im sorry if ive offended anyone but i only ever speak my mind. I thought it was good. Well done on raising £300 pounds cheers

timmy74

http://www.timgirvan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2